We understand that learning a new language can be challenging. Discovering the best method for you, while making it fun to learn and utilize a new language, is our ambition.
Our mission is to provide people, businesses, and organizations language classes that are specifically designed to meet their communication needs.
Over the years, Your Language Connection (YLC) has translated many report cards and school letters, helped reduce accents and improve language skills for many foreigners, taught Spanish to city teachers to aid in their communication with students and parents, held summer Spanish camps for children, and offered many private classes to adults, children, and families. YLC is consistently improving the language classes and services offered, as the needs of the community change and grow. Michelle Salinas and YLC understand that the demand for language learning is imperative—for all ages—in today’s society.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to view its answer.
1. When and where are the classes held?
2. How much is tuition?
3. How many students are in an average class?
4. Is my child old enough or ready to learn a new language?
5. How is the curriculum designed to meet the needs of the client?
6. What if I am not sure about my language level or ability?
7. Will I be fluent after I take a language class?
8. What if I didn’t do well in my language class in school?
9. How soon should I register?
10. Will I need to buy books or materials for my class?
11. Do your teachers give homework?
12. As a corporate client, how do I go about setting up classes in my business?
13. My company/organization/school has documents that need to be translated into other languages. Do you offer this service?
14. I am looking for an interpreter for a meeting or appointment. Do you offer this service?
15. I would like to give someone the gift of a language class . Do you offer gift cards for your classes?
16. Does Your Language Connection have job openings?
About Michelle Salinas
Throughout her professional career, Michelle Salinas has proven to be a qualified, dedicated teacher and truly has a gift for language instruction.
Michelle’s qualifications and accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s of science degree in Education from Millersville University
- Certificate of Language from the University of Madrid, Spain
- PA Instructional II in elementary education and secondary Spanish.
- PA Certification for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Bilingual teacher for Carter & MacRae Elementary, 7 years
- World Language teacher for Wharton Elementary, 6 years
- Traveled throughout Spain, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Ecuador, and Costa Rica
- Your Language Connection has been overseen by Michelle since 2000, and she thoroughly enjoys the opportunity to teach adults and children new language skills.
Read about some of our many professionals who bring our services to you in over 50 languages!